Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sewing Machine

I'm getting a new sewing machine soon (yay!) and doing some research on the best types to get.  I just need a basic machine- I'm not planning on using the machine for quilting or machine embroidery.

So far, I've looked at:

 The Brother XL-2600I.  I like that it has a one step buttonhole and from what I can find, it has good reviews.  It's pretty cheap, but I'm also worried that many reviewers are claiming that it doesn't handle heavy fabrics very well.



This is the Brother CS6000i.  From what I've read, this looks like a good machine.  It has more features and stitches, and it's an electronic machine, rather than a mechanical machine (the first machine I listed is a mechanical machine).  While it looks like a better machine, it is also almost twice the price...
 This is the Kenmore conventional sewing machine.  It looks great, and very affordable, except that it has a bad reputation for bobbin jams.



The Singer 3321 talent looks like another affordable machine with the features that I would need.  I could not find as many online reviews for this machine, so I don't know as much about the pros and cons.

Do you use any of these machines, or know of a great basic machine?  I'd love to hear your reccomendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment